The Ukrainian language ranks a special place in the circle of Slavic languages, many facts testify to the independent way of its development for a long time as a separate language. The Commissioner addressed on the occasion of the Day of Slavic Literature and Culture.
To improve and accelerate the renaming of ideological leaders inherited from past epochs, the Commissioner, in cooperation with leading institutions of the National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine, compiled a preliminary list of prominent Ukrainians who have made a significant contribution to the development and establishment of Ukrainian as the state language.
Pursuing a policy of linguocide, the occupiers are deliberately destroying the Ukrainian educational system. Taras Kremin commented on the information about the continuation of the school year in Mariupol until September 1.
Ukraine is massively getting rid of russian-speaking twists and names of geographical objects associated with the aggressor state - Taras Kremin.
The aggressor's attempts to attract "russian peace" to Ukraine provoked counteraction from Ukrainians. The Commissioner writes about it in his author's column on LB.UA.
We must fight as hard as possible to ensure that our cultural, intellectual, and linguistic field belongs to Ukrainians. Taras Kremin said it for the Espresso TV channel.
The Commissioner asks to report acts of linguocide of the Ukrainian language (any actions of the occupiers or their collaborators aimed at discrimination or repression against Ukrainians because of language, forced expulsion of the Ukrainian language from public space and public use, replacing it with russian).
About language in Ukraine and the world:
• russia is pursuing a policy of genocide in eastern Ukraine, destroying cities, massacring Ukrainians and deporting them to russia, and mobilizing civilians into aggressive forces. This was stated by President Volodymyr Zelenskyy in a video address.
• russia's actions in Ukraine provide enough evidence to conclude that Moscow is inciting genocide and committing atrocities intended to destroy the Ukrainian people. This is stated in the legal report of American and Canadian experts, CNN reports.
• The occupying power of the russian federation uses education as a tool to destroy the national identity of Ukrainians. In the Kherson region the rashists are forcing teachers to switch to the russian teaching curriculum. This was announced by the Verkhovna Rada Commissioner for Human Rights Lyudmyla Denisova.
• For the termination of russia's membership in UNESCO and against russian music in Ukraine. That decision was approved by the Verkhovna Rada Committee on Humanitarian and Information Policy at its meeting considering and supporting the draft Resolution on the Verkhovna Rada's Appeal to the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) to deprive the russian federation of UNESCO status (Reg. № 7394).
• Most Russian-speaking residents of Ukraine are not persecuted for using the Russian language. This is evidenced by a survey of the Kyiv International Institute of Sociology.
• Joan Rowling presented "Harry Potter" in Ukrainian for free reading.
• The occupiers in the Kherson region are preparing to ban the Ukrainian language in documents.
• Estonian children's magazine “Täheke” has published a special issue in Ukrainian.
• Publishing house in the bomb shelter: despite the war in Ukraine the publishers continue to publish the books.
• Ukrainian book collections are being cleansed of soviet and russian literature.
• The russian occupiers in Crimea plan to exclude the study of English from the school curriculum calling it dangerous for pupils.
• History of russification of Ukraine: how the Ukrainian language was being killed.
• "Preparation for annexation". That's how the occupiers carry out "russification" of the south of Ukraine.