The Commissioner reminded that all service providers, regardless of ownership, must serve consumers and provide information about goods and services in Ukrainian according to the Language Law.
The full-scale invasion of the russian federation and the implementation of the Law of Ukraine “On Ensuring the Functioning of Ukrainian as the State Language” had the greatest impact on increasing the presence of the Ukrainian language in all spheres of public life. Taras Kremin said this at an online press conference "The struggle in the information and cultural spheres: what Ukrainians think about the state language policy and propaganda against the background of Russian aggression".
"Every Ukrainian, speaking Ukrainian, is personally fighting the russian occupier. The world will forever remember February 24, 2022. 100 days of the genocide of Ukraine by the russian occupiers is a black page of recent history, " Taras Kremin wrote for Ukrinform.
The Commissioner asks to report about the acts of linguocide against the Ukrainian language (any actions of the occupiers or their collaborators aimed at discrimination or persecution of Ukrainians on the basis of language, forcible expulsion of the Ukrainian language from public space and public use, replacing it with russian).
About language in Ukraine and the world:
• On the occasion of 100 days of Ukrainian resistance to russia's large-scale war, President Volodymyr Zelenskyy listed 100 words that have acquired a special or new meaning for Ukrainians.
• UNICEF will help rebuild destroyed Ukrainian schools by September 1.
• Russians, who applied for Mexican visas, were denied in the Ukrainian language.
• In the Netherlands, an application has been developed for communication in the Ukrainian language.
• The slogan "palyanytsia" testifies to the genetic code of Ukrainians and leads Ukraine to victory.