About the language in Ukraine and the world:
- Ukrainian has become the official language of the municipality of Mallet in the state of Paraná in Brazil.
- In temporarily occupied Mariupol', the so-called management of educational institutions prohibits children from communicating in Ukrainian, threatening them and their parents with "unpredictable consequences.
- Ukrainian children in Lithuania were provided with 5 times a week Ukrainian language lessons.
- The President of France Emmanuel Macron, visiting Irpin’, published a post in Ukrainian on his Twitter account: “Irpin’ in Ukraine. We’ve seen a devastated city and traces of barbarism. And also the heroism of Ukrainian men and women who stopped the russian army when it went to Kyiv. Ukraine is resisting. It must be able to win ".
- Ukrainians in Tallinn have set up a “Common Library”.
- Facebook is now available in Ukrainian for iOS.
- Polish Radio has begun a six-hour broadcast in Ukrainian.
- "Chervona Kalyna" has been translated and sung in English, Polish and Serbian.
- Support for the Ukrainian language has appeared in popular game consoles from Sony. PlayStation buyers can now enjoy the updated menu.
The Secretariat of the Commissioner continues to collect the facts of linguocide in the temporarily occupied territories for further transfer to the International Court of Justice and the UN Independent International Commission of Inquiry on Ukraine.
On July 16, 2022, parts 2 and 6 of Article 27 of the Law of Ukraine “On Ensuring the Functioning of Ukrainian as the State Language”, which regulate the use of the state language on the Internet and the language of computer program interfaces installed on goods, come into force.
The Commissioner welcomes the adoption of the Lithuanian Seimas’ resolution recognizing the removal of Ukrainians to russia as deportation of the Ukrainian people.