The development and protection of the Ukrainian language is the protection of national interests, the strengthening of our genetic memory, the establishment of our national identity. This was stated by the Commissioner on Czech television.
On Channel 5, the Commissioner Taras Kremin noted that "the protection of the Ukrainian language, as well as the protection of national interests, is our response to the occupation and collaboration, our path to the future success of the Ukrainian nation."
The Commissioner called for reporting on acts of genocide against the Ukrainian language - persecution on the basis of language and harassment of the Ukrainian language in the occupied territories.
Taras Kremin advocates increasing the number of hours in secondary schools for such disciplines as "History of Ukraine", "Ukrainian Literature" and "Ukrainian Language". He said this on the air of STB TV channel.
The Commissioner met with the Head of the State Service of Education Quality of Ukraine Ruslan Hurak. A joint action plan has been agreed to help expand the network of free courses, talk clubs, online learning platforms and other resources to master and improve communication in Ukrainian among participants of the educational process.
The criminal putin’s authorities are trying to assimilate Ukrainian schoolchildren and teachers, who were forcibly moved out but in fact deported to territories not controlled by Ukraine, to the educational standards of the Russian Federation. Taras Kremin said this on Apostrophe TV.
The Commissioner stressed on the inadmissibility of using Russian-language words instead of Ukrainian-language ones in the names of geographical objects and toponymic objects. This is stated in the Recommendations of the Commissioner, which are published on the official website.
the russian federation uses the Russian language as an instrument in the war against Ukraine. This was stated by the State Language Protection Commissioner Taras Kremin for Channel 24.
Today, there’re the best opportunities to fill the Ukrainian information space with the state language for 100%. This was stated by the State Language Protection Commissioner Taras Kremin on the air of the Espresso TV channel.
The Commissioner welcomes the historic decision of Estonia and Latvia to recognize Russia's actions as genocide of the Ukrainian people.
"Decolonization by the Mykolayiv’s way: worldview false start or intensive work on mistakes?" - Taras Kremen's author's column on the Mykolayiv’s portal "Nikvesti" in the context of de-Russification of geographical names, toponyms, a new stage of which began on February 24, 2022 - the final break with bloody russia, its culture, history and values.
About language in Ukraine and the world:
• The Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky told CNN that Ukraine would not cede its eastern territories to end the war with russia. He called the actions of the occupier in Ukraine as genocide of the Ukrainian people. "Look what happened in Bucha. It is clear that this is not even a war, this is genocide ", the President said.
• The aggressor continues the policy of forced “Russification” of the population of Ukraine. The racists will force children, kidnapped from the temporarily occupied territories of Kherson, Zaporizhzhia, Donetsk and Kharkiv regions, to study in russian and in accordance with the russian programs. This was announced by the Verkhovna Rada Commissioner for Human Rights Lyudmila Denisova.
• "If we do not get rid of this Russification in all spheres of our lives now, we may have the same war with russia in 10-15-20-30 years". This was stated by the Secretary of the National Security and Defense Council of Ukraine Oleksiy Danilov.
• The leading Austrian news agency APA published material on how russia's war against Ukraine affected speech in the Ukrainian media - in particular, naming russian invaders "racists" and "orcs" and writing the name of the aggressor country and its leader in lower case.
• Telegram has a feature of automatic translation from Ukrainian which should help to spread true information about the war. This was announced by the co-founder of the messenger in his channel.
• The Minister of Education and Science Serhiy Shkarlet supported Taras Kremin's proposal to remove the study of russian language from Ukrainian schools at the new school year
• The Educational Ombudsman Serghiy Gorbachev highlighted the problematic issues of education at martial law which are of most concern to participants in the educational process.
• In Sumy “Book Chain” project collects books for children who have left for Poland because of the war.
• In Dnipro about 30 streets were renamed, as their names were associated with russia.
• On April 25, the all-Ukrainian educational project “United!” will start. It will help all the citizens, who would like to overcome the language barrier, to participate in the webinars and talk clubs in their city. The project organizers are: the Initiative “Teach Ukrainian” with the support of the State Language Protection Commissioner. Registration link: https://forms.gle/aWge5TX9fHy74T577. Facebook group: https://bit.ly/2TMBPY8. Full information on language courses can be found on the Commissioner's webpage.
• Teachers from Ukraine will be able to work in Polish schools. A simplified employment system is provided for them.
• On April 21, the MPs of the Riigikogu of the Republic of Estonia were the first in the world to vote in favor of recognizing Russia's actions as genocide of the Ukrainian people.
• The Latvia Seimas unanimously adopted a similar statement on russian aggression and war crimes in Ukraine. The document states that russia is committing genocide against the Ukrainian people.
• The first bilingual Ukrainian-Hungarian school was founded in Hungary.
• In Ukraine the registration for participation in the state language proficiency test will be resumed on April 26.
• The South Ukrainian (Yuzhno-Ukrainskii) NPP was renamed into the South Ukrainian NPP (Pivdenno-Ukraiinski) at the request of the Commissioner. This is stated in the order of “Energoatom”. The renaming was justified by bringing “the name of the South Ukrainian NPP” in line with the requirements of the state language standards and the rules of Ukrainian spelling.