The Commissioner appealed to the heads of regional military administrations regarding the need to create additional opportunities for mastering the state language by residents of the region and internally displaced persons.
The Commissioner took part in a meeting of representatives of the Ukrainian executive bodies with members of the UN Independent International Commission of Inquiry on Ukraine. During the meeting, the parties also discussed the issue of linguocide committed by the russian military in our lands.
The Commissioner asks to report about the acts of linguocide against the Ukrainian language.
About the language in Ukraine and the world:
- Now all Ukrainians must be a united nation that is fighting and doesn’t allow the world to divert attention away from the events in Ukraine - address by President Volodymyr Zelenskyy.
- Almost all books by Ukrainian publishers were sold during the Warsaw Book Fair.
- In 2023, the Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine will not publish Russian language textbooks for no-national minority classes.
- The occupiers in Kherson demand the russification of secondary education.
- The Ukrainian language was protected in Europe: on 11 June 1878, at the First Literary Congress of European Writers in Paris, the publicist and scholar Mykhailo Drahomanov delivered a report about the Ukrainian language in Ukrainian.
- Apple said it has added Ukrainian language support to live content, Live Text, and Voice Over.
- The mayor of Mykolaiv reported that children from the occupied territories would be able to confidentially pass training in the Ukrainian language in the Mykolayiv schools.
- In the Czech Republic, Biblion published the Gospel of John in Ukrainian and Czech.