About the language in Ukraine and the world:
• 80% of Ukrainians began to communicate more often in Ukrainian after the russian attack - survey.
• The whole world will speak Ukrainian soon. In a new TikTok trend, users teach foreigners Ukrainian phrases.
The sphere of education:
• Educational opportunities for children from Ukraine in Poland.
• Staying with Ukraine: schoolchildren abroad are offered a free study of the Ukrainian language, literature, and history.
The sphere of book publishing and book distribution:
• On June 28, the Warsaw Public Library presented the book "Rozvyvayko (development) for Preschoolers" for the youngest Ukrainians abroad. All present families from Ukraine received more than 70 sets of two-volume books free of charge.
• A Czech-Ukrainian library was opened in Prague, where you can take books in Ukrainian for home.
Today, there is a high demand for learning the Ukrainian language and strengthening the humanitarian front in the south and east of Ukraine. Taras Kremin said it for the Channel 5, commenting on the news about the liquidation of the Department of Russian Language and Literature at V.N.Karazin Kharkiv National University, which will be replaced by the Department of Slavic Philology.
The Commissioner presented information on the russian policy of linguocide in the occupied territories of Ukraine as a way of dismantling the constitutional system of Ukraine and an element of genocide against the Ukrainian people.
On July 16, 2022, Part 6 of Article 27 of the Law of Ukraine "On Ensuring the Functioning of Ukrainian as the State Language", which requires the use of the state language on websites and social networks, will enter into force.
The Commissioner asks to report on acts of linguocide of the Ukrainian language.